Easter is not just another “religious” Holiday. It is the annual celebration of the one and only true God’s plan for the rescue of sinful man, and providing “the way“ (the only way) into Eternal Life and glorious Heaven! Of course, tragically this “way” – while open and offered to all human kind – is not accepted by most people.
God created man with freedom and – a “Free Will” – allowing each of us to decide for ourselves what we believe, decide or accept, and at the Y in the road, whether we will choose to take the wide, super hi-way, or we elect the narrow and winding road – chosen by the few. The wide road is attractive, easy and inviting; however, it is also very short. Thus, life on earth is but the blink of an eye, compared to Eternity – an Eternity of either Hell or Heaven. Our Holy and merciful God honors man’s right to choose, while always hoping that those on the wide road will make a U-turn and follow “the narrow way.”
God is not only a Loving God – desiring all to be saved; He is also a Holy and Just God who demands for our Eternal salvation perfection – attained by only one “man” in history. Accordingly, God in His mercy has provided us with a Counsellor to appear before God on our behalf, but only IF we accept Christ and His substitutionary death in our place as payment in full, and as justification for all of our sin.
Judas, one of Jesus’ Apostles, in exercise of his free will chose to “sell Christ” for “30 pieces of silver.” If you find yourself on the wide road, review the list below and select what your price has been to “sell Christ.”
- Non-belief (which changes neither fact nor truth!)
- Disbelief in the Resurrection of Christ (see End Note).
- “Science of man.” (Evolution, naturalism, etc.)
- “Busy-ness” of Business.)
- Power, politics, pluralism.
- Church structure/Hierarchy (e.g. Roman Catholic Church).
- Gold/silver, “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom” Mt 18:24.
- Human pleasure/self-indulgence (food, sex, drugs, etc.).
- Idols, (including family, spouse, children, sport(s).
- Intellectualism, relativism.
- Postponement (“I will deal with this later!” I want to enjoy myself for a while – Satan’s favorites.)
- Lack of knowledge/faith.
- I’m too bad – not lovable.” (Recall Paul who went from Jesus’ Chief Persecutor to Chief Evangelist).
- Believe in Satan’s lies: “A loving God will save all.” “There are many ways/religions to God – no single way or “the way.” “You are as goo as anyone else.” Do good for others and you will be fine.”
- Ignoring God’s nature: earth, sun, moon, stars, seasons.
Please know well that our merciful God promises all who accept the Christ as Lord and Saviour (“the way”) – will receive Salvation and Eternal Life – even if delayed until the 11th hour, or at death’s door. But don’t wait, since one’s last breath comes unannounced!
End Note: Consider the following facts and truths in evidence of the Resurrection & Gospel:
Jesus was crucified; Jesus died on the Cross; Jesus was buried in a specific/known tomb;
the apostles immediately went into Despair; Jesus appeared (in bodily form) to: 3 women;
Peter, John & James; all disciples – incl. Thomas; 500 people at one time, and finally to Paul on Damascus Road; the tomb was empty; Jesus appeared in Jerusalem – where his “body” could have been easily produced by his opponents; Jewish converts changed their Holy Day from Saturday to Sunday; the apostles were transformed from despair to preaching the Gospel, and a willingness to die for Christ; James – Brother of Jesus –“ overnight” converted from family Skeptic to Believer; Paul was converted from Chief Persecutor to Chief Evangelist for Jesus by the appearance of Christ to Paul; “the Christian Church’s” sudden growth throughout the World; the principal Gospel message of Bodily Resurrection was taught within days and months of the Resurrection; within 15 to 20 years the very first of the written scriptures appeared (1st Corinthians, Galatians, 1st Thessalonians); some 500 prophesies in OT have all come true in NT – including 13 very specific prophesies about the crucifixion; the appearance of Messiah mid-way in Human History (and before cable news!) was God’s perfect timing; note miraculous workings of the Holy Spirit transforming lives every day; miracles, scriptural verses that only God or Messiah could possibly utter, being totally foreign to the mind of man (e.g.,“Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.” (Jer.1:5); and archeological findings in the Middle East.
P.S. If you are on the wide road, read again, if on the narrow way, give to someone who is not.